Monday 26 January 2015

Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce

I love Hollandaise Sauce, but I don't like eggs. Meaning I rarely get to eat it because every restaurant that serves it, only does so atop of eggs on an egg's benny. No thanks. But then I had an awesome breakfast at a local pub and I actually got to eat Hollandaise Sauce because they'd poured it over a dish I could make egg free. Yay!

So I wanted to make this dish at home, and the first step was to figure out the Hollandaise Sauce. I quickly found this recipe from Simply Recipes and I altered the method slightly, because the way they instructed seemed a bit iffy for me, because they assumed that pouring melted butter into eggs was enough eat to cook the eggs. I didn't believe this, so I added an extra step where I just throw it into a pot and actually cook the eggs so we don't all die. But I do eat cookie dough without a second thought so my logic is slightly flawed here.

I always double this and five people eat with a bit leftover.

Ingredients

3 Egg Yolks
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp. Salt (I omit because I use margarine that is salty)
1/8 Tsp. Cayenne
10 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted (if salted omit salt above)

Directions

~Melt butter
~In blender or food processor combine eggs, juice, salt and cayenne. Blend until well mixed and lightened (approximately 30 seconds)
~Once well blended, turn down to lowest setting and slowly add in the melted butter as it continues to mix. Don't add in all butter at once without the blender on as it could curdle the eggs
~Once mixed in, transfer to a small saucepan and place over medium or medium-low heat. Whisk continuously while allowing eggs to heat.
~If not eating right away, keep on element at lowest setting.
~Before serving whisk again. If thickened, add a bit of warm water and whisk to thin out.

Enjoy


No comments: