Wednesday 21 January 2015

Buffalo Sauce

I made Buffalo Cauliflower Wings a while back and while I enjoyed them, the sauce wasn't quite what my favourite Buffalo Sauce is. Some places do great sauce, some don't and it just tastes like hot sauce has been smothered on them. While I like hot sauce, that is not Buffalo Sauce. So this recipe is wonderful because it's exactly what I like Buffalo Wings to taste like. Even better, by making it at home we can put it on something healthier than wings. I love to make this and put it over chicken breasts, chicken thighs, cauliflower and white rice.

This recipe has been doubled from the original

Recipe from American Food About and posted by John Mitzewich.

Ingredients

3 Tbsp. White Vinegar
1/2 Tsp. Cayenne
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tsp. Tabasco
1/2 Tsp. Salt
3/4 C. Hot Sauce (I use Frank's)
3/4 C. Butter

Directions

~Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
~Over medium heat, bring to a simmer while whisking
~Reduce to low heat and keep warm until serving.

Enjoy

No comments: