Thursday 26 June 2014

Scooby Snack Shot


I tried one of these several years ago on a whim and was very impressed for a couple of reasons. 1) The drink was electric green, 2) It's namesake was my absolute favourite character growing up, & 3) It tasted great.

While this recipe isn't identical to that original one, it still is green and tasty so what more can we really ask for? While this is a shot, I'm not opposed to fiddling with it in the future to make it into more of a cocktail size for sipping.

When you look up the recipe for this shot, there are many different ways to make it. Most of which have you adding a splash of half and half, milk or whip cream into or onto the top of the shot. I'm 90% sure that the one I tried was not creamy, but I've not actually tried making this one with the dairy in to compare, so I can't be certain. But this still tastes pretty good without it and I must say, it seems less strange to omit cream from a fruity drink.

Recipe from the Tipsy Bartender

Ingredients

1/2 oz Melon Liqueur
1/2 oz Malibu
Splash Pineapple Juice

Directions

~Combine all ingredients with ice in a shaker.
~Shake
~Strain into shot glasses

Enjoy!

No comments: