Thursday 17 April 2014

Apple BBQ Sauce (Tomato Free)

As I was making this, I commented that if this turned out, I would have no idea what I did to make it again. Well, it turned out and now I have the task of trying to remember everything I threw into the pot. The great thing about this is that while it tastes like BBQ Sauce, it also has the apple and smokey taste to it. I had it on pork tenderloin, but it would probably be amazing on ribs for the apple wood smoked flavour.

Recipe adapted from Taste of BBQ

Ingredients

1 1/4 C. Apple Sauce
2 C. Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Molasses
6 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce 
1 Tsp. Pepper
1/2 Tsp. Salt
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Tsp. Paprika
1/8 Tsp. Cayenne
1/4 Tsp. Dried Chilies 
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch

Directions

~Combine all ingredients (except cornstarch) together in a medium saucepan and whisk until smooth.
~Bring mixture to a boil and continue to whisk, then reduce to medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
~Whisk in cornstarch and bring back to a boil, continuing to whisk
~As soon as sauce thickens, remove from heat.

Enjoy

No comments: