Thursday 18 July 2013

The Brownie Recipe - Chewy, Ooey, Gooey

Sorry, no picture for this one (is one really needed for a brownie anyway? We all know exactly what they look like, or rather, what they are supposed to look like). By the time I realized that this was the exact recipe I was looking for to call my best brownie recipe, the brownie was no longer worthy of being photographed. I mean, I guess I could go and snap a picture right now of the one remaining corner piece, but I think that saying that there is only one piece remaining says a lot more than a picture ever would.

I just wanted a basic brownie recipe. Was that too much to ask for? One that was gooey and fudgey and had very little flour and cakeyness to it. I also didn't want to add anything to it to make it gooey, like marshmallows. I just wanted a brownie. Well I found it!

I looked through the dozens and dozens of brownie recipes I have saved, to come to two conclusions. 1) 99% of the brownie recipes I have saved, all have something special done to them. Oreos, s'mores, rocky road, nutella, etc., and 2) the two recipes that were just plain old brownies, happened to be the exact same recipe. So armed with the knowledge that at least two people found this recipe to be worthwhile and posted it, I set out to make them, and I'm glad I did. It was so good. Like make your teeth hurt sweet, which is absolutely perfect.

I did change up the sugars a bit, like a lot of the reviewers commented they did. Instead of using 3 C. of white sugar, I did half and half of brown and white. I'm sure it would be great any way, but I know this way was delicious.

Recipe from All Recipes

Ingredients

1 C. Butter, melted
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
4 Tsp. Vanilla
4 Eggs
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 C. Cocoa
1 Tsp. Salt
1 C. Chocolate Chips

Directions

~Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9x13 pan
~Combine butter, sugars and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add in eggs and whisk until incorporated
~Stir together flour, cocoa and salt in a separate bowl.
~Add dry into wet and stir until mixed.
~Stir in chocolate chips
~Spread into pan
~Bake for 30 minutes

Enjoy

No comments: