Tuesday 23 July 2013

Tangy BBQ Sauce



This tastes amazing. What's even greater is that it doesn't have ketchup in it. It's pretty tangy. I tasted it before adding the final 3 ingredients in at the end of simmering and I just about knocked myself out. It was a little bit strong. Luckily it tamed down significantly towards the end and just tasted amazing.

I used this as a sauce for pulled pork and it was fabulous. It would also be wonderful I suspect on chicken. I had some extra sauce left over and it was dumped in the crock pot with a roast and the roast tasted pretty good the following day.

Recipe from about.com

Makes 4-5 Cups

Ingredients

2 C. Yellow Mustard
1 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 1/2 C. White Vinegar
1/2 C. Water
1/4 C. Chili Powder
2 Tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp. Soy Sauce
1/4 C. Butter
2 Tbsp. Hickory Liquid Smoke 

Directions

~Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan, except for the soy sauce, butter and liquid smoke.
~Bring to a boil, whisking constantly and then lower to a simmer for 30 minutes.
~Whisk in the reserved 3 ingredients and allow to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.

Enjoy

No comments: