Wednesday 17 July 2013

Pudding Cookies



This is another one of those recipes I have copied down from two different spots at two different times and go back to find out they are the same recipe.

I double this recipe and so that means you use two packages of pudding. The recipe calls for vanilla, but I usually don't have two of the same flavours on hand at the same time. So I have ended up making vanilla-lemon one time, and vanilla-chocolate another. Both good, but I think I'll stick with the vanilla-lemon or vanilla-vanilla combo, just because the cookies are supposed to be chocolate chip cookies with a kick. As soon as you add the chocolate pudding, it makes them look like you've added cocoa to them, and in my eyes, that's a totally different cookie.

It's taken me awhile to type this up, and I'm realizing I didn't mark down how many cookies this made (it was a lot) or how much chocolate chips I added. Oops. The original recipe calls for a 12 oz bag of chips, so I'll just put that, but because I scoop from the Costco size box, I always measure in cups not bags. So I'm guessing it was somewhere between 1 and 2 cups, but that's completely dependent on chocolate preference, etc. Just do what you want. I'm also realizing that there is no salt in this recipe. Which is really strange. Hmm

Recipe from Kraft Foods

Ingredients

1 C. Butter
3/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. White Sugar
1 Pkg. (4 serving size) Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 Tsp. Vanilla
2 Eggs
2 1/4 C. Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 12 oz Bag Chocolate Chips

Directions

~Preheat oven to 375 F
~Cream together butter and sugars.
~Add in pudding and vanilla, then the eggs.
~Mix in the flour and baking soda
~Stir in the chips
~Drop onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
~Cool on rack.

Enjoy

No comments: