Friday 19 July 2013

Pink Paradise (Hippie Juice)


Okay, I had to come up with another name for this. There was no way that I was going to be able to drink something called Hippie Juice. There was even less of a chance that the people I was serving this to would drink it if they knew the name of it. So, the name has been changed. It is now Pink Paradise. AKA Your Drink. This is the drink that I'm sure everyone has seen all over Pinterest. Yup, I had to give it a try. So worth it.

This is pretty good and by pretty good I actually mean you could very easily drink way too much of this. We did. In our defence though there was a lot of people we were sharing it with. But we did go through 3 jugs of this in a weeks time. If you use the actual Simply Lemonade you'll get three batches of this drink out of two jugs of lemonade, fyi. Also, I preferred the regular lemonade, to pink lemonade in taste, but the pink lemonade gave it a much nicer colour.

Also, if you're not going to drink this all within a day or two, either don't put the strawberries in, or pull them out and eat them (and watch when you try to stand up. Whew!). Don't leave them in there to sit for more than a day or two because they'll turn and wreck the whole drink. That's too much alcohol going to waste there. So don't do that. 

The original recipe used watermelon vodka. I haven't searched everywhere yet, but I'm pretty sure that it's not available in Canada. So hence the Watermelon Liqueur and Vodka split 1:1. The original called for that total volume of the two, just as watermelon vodka. So if you can find it, use 1 1/2 C. of the vodka.

Recipe from Peace, Love, Guacamole originally, but I used Quest for Delish's volumes (and I'm happy with them)

Makes 1.75 L

Ingredients

3/4 C. Watermelon Liqueur
3/4 C. Vodka
1/3 C. Triple Sec (plus an extra splash)
1/2 C. Malibu
Lemonade
7 Strawberries

Directions

~Using a funnel, pour alcohols into a clean 'Simply' jug
~Cut strawberries into pieces and add to alcohol
~Top up with lemonade.
~Put lid on and shake to combine.
~Chill before serving, or serve over ice.

Enjoy







No comments: