Thursday 10 January 2013

Centrepieces

Now I know this is a food blog, and I also have to admit that I don't look favourably on food bloggers that all of a sudden throw in a post about their vacation, or their garden, or their latest craft, but I'm going to do just that. Because I think they look cool and I took pictures of them and I want them to be seen (and so I'll remember to do them next year again).




#1:

So I've seen this one above in a couple of different places (for the life of me I can't remember where), but there were a lot of extra cranberries leftover so we gave it a try.

What You'll Need

Plastic Wrap
Large Vase
Water
Fir Boughs
Cranberries

To Assemble

~Scrunch up plastic wrap and place in the bottom of the vase.
~Put a layer of the greenery on top, followed by a layer of cranberries.
~Repeat until you have filled the vase up to the top.
~Top off with water.




#2:

This one wasn't my idea, my Mom threw one of these centrepieces together at the last minute a couple of years ago and I always forget about this simple one. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do it justice.

What You'll Need

Shallow Glass Bowl
Lemons
Salal (the green leaves)
**Optional** Cranberries

To Assemble

~Place lemons in the bowl
~Arrange greenery around them
~Sprinkle with cranberries if desired.


No comments: