Wednesday 19 December 2012

Buck Eyes




I know everyone makes these, and everyone has their own special way about going about making them, so ignore this if you are stuck in your ways and consider this a post just for myself as the hard copy of this recipe seems to like to disappear on us and it would be great to have an electronic copy for myself.

The recipe I'm listing is already a doubled recipe. Do not double it again. I repeat, DO NOT! It won't fit in your mixing bowl, even your 5 quart, professional class bowl. I learned the hard way and ended up with 160 Buck Eyes, which took forever to roll and even longer to dip.

This recipe is my Mom's and my Grandma's. I don't know who passed it to who, and were it originated from before that.

Makes 6 1/2 Dozen


See I said I made a lot!

Ingredients

1/2 C. Butter
4 C. Icing Sugar
2 1/2 C. Peanut Butter
1 C. Rice Krispies
1 lb Milk Dipping Chocolate
White Dipping Chocolate

Directions

~In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and then add the sugar and peanut butter and mix until combined.
~Add in the Rice Krispies and process briefly to distribute them
~Roll into balls and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
~Melt the milk chocolate in a microwave safe dish and dip each peanut butter ball and place back on the waxed paper.
~When chocolate has set, melt the white chocolate and drizzle over top (helps to hide the imperfections in the milk chocolate)

Enjoy




No comments: