Tuesday 11 September 2012

Twisted Tuna Wrap


This is not your typical tuna salad. If you've read any of my previous posts (especially my Potato Salad Post), you'll know that I try to avoid mayonnaise whenever possible. Not because I don't like it (I really do enjoy it), but I don't find it absolutely necessary, like some other things I consume, so I try to skip it. Plus, this has a way better flavour as it has a bit of a kick that normal tuna salad doesn't have. Plus, it contains very little calories and a lot of protein (and the only fat comes from the wrap, not the tuna salad).

While you can use the entire can of tuna (and the nutrition facts at the bottom of this post are for the entire can / mixture), I found that about 2/3 of the mixture was sufficient for myself for lunch (but I'm not a big eater at lunch time). If you use 2/3 of the tuna mixture, you'll be at about 290 calories for the entire wrap.

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 Can of Tuna
5 Baby Dill Pickles
1 Tbsp. Yellow Mustard
1 Tsp. Hot Sauce
3 Cherry Tomatoes
1 Whole Wheat Wrap

Directions

~Drain tuna and place in a small bowl.
~Cut pickles into bite sized slices.
~Add pickles, mustard and hot sauce to bowl and use a fork to mix.
~Cut tomatoes into quarters.
~Spread tuna mixture down the centre of a wrap and place the tomatoes on top.
~Roll wrap and place in a panini press and heat until the outside is crispy.

Enjoy


Nutrition Facts
Serves: 1
Calories: 334
Carbs: 37g
Fat: 6g
Protein: 37g

No comments: