Saturday 8 September 2012

Lemon Garlic Pasta



I wanted pasta. But I wasn't interested in a rich tomato sauce, nor could I stomach the fat in (nor did I have the ingredients for) an alfredo or cheese sauce. This recipe worked though because it used butter instead of olive oil (which I find has a very strong flavour) and it had lemon in it (my fave). While it was very good (surprisingly good even) the first night, it wasn't as great as leftovers because the pasta really absorbed the limited liquid and was really dry and flavourless the next night. So my recommendation: eat it, enjoy it, love it the first night and don't leave any leftovers.

I looked over multiple recipes before making this, but ultimately this creation is my own, and I don't usually brag, but I'm really proud of this recipe.

Serves: 6-8

Ingredients

1 lb Pasta
2 Bell Peppers
1 Onion
20 Cherry Tomatoes
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Lemons, Zested
1/2 C. Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Basil
2 Tbsp. Parsley
3 Tbsp. Butter
Salt
Pepper
*Optional* Parmesan or Feta Cheese

Directions

~Slice onions and peppers into matchstick slices.
~Slice tomatoes into quarters.
~Prepare garlic and zest the lemons.
~With kitchen scissors, cut up your fresh herbs into small pieces.
~Bring a pot of water to a boil and add your pasta and cook according to the package instructions. ~Drain the water when pasta is done.
~Heat a large frying pan and add the butter.
~Season with salt and pepper to taste.
~When the butter is melted and hot, add in the onions and stir until they begin to soften. 
~Add in the peppers. Continue to cook and stir until they too soften.
~Add in the fresh herbs, the zest and the minced garlic.
~Stir until the garlic cooks, making sure not to overcook.
~Add the drained pasta into the frying pan and pour the lemon juice over top.
~Stir to coat the mixture evenly.
~Toss in the tomato quarters and give one last stir to mix.
~Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan or feta cheese if you so desire.

Enjoy


No comments: