Saturday 21 July 2012

The Prettiest Chocolate Chip Cookies



These cookies are the Pretties Chocolate Chip Cookies I've ever made. Oh yeah, and they taste not too bad either. Looks and charm, what more can a girl ask for? No seriously, they're puffy and crackled and perfectly round and smooth, but they also contain a large quantity of chocolate.

On a side note, I feel like I named this blog wrong. I should have called it Konie's Kookies, because as you can see, I seem to make cookies (and muffins) more than anything else.

I'm going to make this post completely random and shoot off in another completely opposite direction now, because I don't have anything else major I'd wish to talk about today. And because it's my blog, so I have the authority to make these types of decisions you see. So, you know how I usually claim I'm a healthy eater (except for those cookies and muffins I'm always posting about)? Well, I'm sitting here typing up this post about chocolate filled chocolate chip cookies, as I'm stuffing my face with fish and chips. And I'm not talking something I prepared myself. I mean full on fat and salt content that would probably make me start crying if I allowed myself to think about what I had just consumed. But I won't go there...no I won't. So I'll just talk about cookies. Because you know, I love those things too much to ever give them up.

This recipe is from The Big Green Bowl.

Makes 6 1/2 dozen (and I didn't even make them bite size like I typically do. These were normal sized.)


Ingredients

2/3 C. Vegetable Shortening (I used the regular one [it came in a blue box for me], verses the golden one [in the yellow box])
2/3 C. Butter (for anybody using cubes, this is 1 cube + 2 1/2 Tbsp.), room temperature
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
3 1/2 C. Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Semi-sweet chocolate chips (or whatever type you prefer)
1 C. Milk Chocolate Bar, chopped

Directions

~Preheat oven to 375 F
~In mixer bowl, combine shortening and butter. Mix well to soften.
~Add sugar and then cream together (I did this for almost 3 minutes to get it really whipped.)
~Add eggs and vanilla. Mix again to combine.
~Add in flour, soda and salt. Mix again until everything is well incorporated.
~Stir in the chocolate.
~Scoop dough and really quickly in your hands roll it into a loose ball then place onto cookie sheet. (Don't handle for more than a few seconds as the dough is already really soft.)
~Bake for 7-9 minutes, until they have the faintest hint of golden around the edges, but the centre still appears uncooked.
~Cool slightly on sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Enjoy


No comments: